Monoprinting on tea bag paper

20130529-154355.jpg

Yes, I have been very neglectful of my blog. I have been on the boat where we have limited Internet access – my excuse.

However, at home for a few days and have just been given a very large bundle of tea bag paper – very fragile by a friend so I had to play for 10 minutes. It took me much longer to clear up the mess. But the results were worth it – what fabulous marks.

Project 2013

Day 1
Piece 1
Piece2
Piece 2

This year I have decided that I should do a handstitch project. I printed all the fabric in November. I printed using stamps and monoprinting techniques on white fabric with black textile ink. I then cut the fabric into 12cm squares and backed them with felt. Now all I need to do is stitch at least 3 squares a week. I decided that doing one each day was tempting fate! So here are the first 4. Apologies for the order – this is the first time, I have used the iPad to do a blog and I don’t seem to have the control I need to get the pictures where I want them.

Piece 3
day 4
Piece 4