I have made a start on my next Pieces of Crow quilt. This time I am working in a mustard yellow with the black and white. It is only 4ft by 3 ft as I cut some of the pieces too thin and the top began to waffle too badly to quilt out. The technique is improvisional so I improvised and slashed each side and inserted a horizontal piece of black fabric. Here is the detail of one of the inserts:
It was a good learning curve – I found I could put inserts in without making the original problem worse, it helped move my designs on to a new place and I won’t be so economical with cutting the pieces of fabric.